WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
MAI Insurance Brokers Poland Sp. z o.o. having its registered office in Warsaw, 57 Obozowa Street, postal code 01-161 Warsaw, Tax ID number 5213012685, statistical ID 014966849, Registration ID 0000107363 is a data controller.
WHY DO WE COLLECT DATA?
MAI collects personal data in relation to:
- recruitment and employment of MAI staff and contractors;
- insurance brokerage activities in favor and on behalf of MAI clients;
- claims’ handling upon request of MAI clients;
- providing MAI clients with web-based tools to communicate with us;
- complaints’ handling sent to MAI;
- inquiries’ handling through MAI websites.
WHO ARE DATA SUBJECTS?
MAI collects personal data of the following data subjects:
- job applicants and MAI employees on the basis of consent given by the data subject or relevant laws and regulations;
- MAI clients on the basis of consent given by the data subject or a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- MAI clients’ employees on the basis of consent given by the data subject or a data processing agreement or MAI’s legitimate interests to perform insurance brokerage activities in favor and on behalf of MAI clients;
- persons who lodge a complaint with MAI on basis of relevant laws and regulations;
- persons who send inquiries through MAI websites on the basis of consent given by the data subject;
- other persons on the basis of consent given by the data subject or in order to take steps by MAI upon request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
MAI collects the following data items:
name/surname, sex, marital status, place/date of birth, citizenship, ID number, Tax ID number, passport number, driving license number, bank account number, place of employment/domicile, mail address, phone number, e-mail, history of education / employment, authorisations, skills, interests, disabilities, health condition, history of medical treatment/diseases, addictions, trade union membership.
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
MAI collects personal data:
- directly from data subjects by means of questionnaires, application forms and other paper documents as well as electronically including e-mail;
- from employers of data subjects by means of questionnaires, application forms and other paper documents as well as electronically including e-mail;
- from other distributors of insurance;
- from our clients as agreed in data processing agreements.
MAI provides personal data to:
- insurance carriers and other distributors of insurance co-cooperating with MAI in relation to insurance brokerage activities in favor and on behalf of MAI clients;
- medical service providers in relation to claims’ handling;
- other entities authorised by law to access personal data.
WHERE DO WE TRANSFER DATA?
In general MAI processes and transfers personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA). In exceptional cases personal data may be transferred by MAI to countries outside of the EEA on the basis of consent given by the data subject or data protection regulations on transfers of personal data to third parties. Where required under applicable laws we will take measures to ensure that personal data handled in third countries will receive at least the same level of protection as it is given in the EEA.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN DATA?
Personal data will be retained by MAI until the expiry date of your insurance as well as until the corresponding time bar for potential claims and the storage period of documents under the Accounting Act and the Labor Code come to their ends.
WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE?
If MAI collects your personal data, you have the rights:
- of access to your personal data and rectification of thereof;
- of erasure;
- of restriction of processing;
- of data portability;
- to object;
- to withdraw consent not affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.